Vegetable and Barley Soup
This recipe combines vegetables, barley, and a few spices blended together to make this excellent and easy vegetable barley soup. This along with the slow cooking process make for a vegetable barley soup that tops for the rest. It' so-good and really easy!
- 1 16 ounce bag favorite frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can diced tomatoes and basil
- 2 cans of vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 cup baby cut carrots sliced in half
- 1 large potato cubed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup choppped onion
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tespoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 6 cups of water
- Place vegetables first and then all other ingredients expept canned tomatoes in to the Crock Pot Slow Cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Pour in the can of basil tomatoes 15 minutes before seving.
Sprinkle with your favorite grated cheese and serve with fresh garlic bread.