Easy Sausage Gumbo Recipe
This delicious and simple dish is cooked
with smoked sausage and a special blend of spices that brings out a
special flavor. This may be the best gumbo you've ever
- 1 lb of smoked polish sausage
- 2 ribs of celery cut into 1/4 in pieces
- 1 carrot cut into 1/4 in pieces
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 large sized can of diced tomatoes
- 1 i bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Brown the all-purpose flour in oil a small skillet.
- Place all ingredients into the Crock Pot and then pour the browned flour on top. cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Serve with white rice. For extra spicy flavor add louisiana hot sauce to taste. This is so easy to make!