Crock Pot Black Beans and Rice
Black beans and rice! This delicious and healthy Cuban dish is sure to please. A special blend of spices with just the right touch of garlic creates this authentic flavor.
- 1 16 ounce bag dried black beans rinsed
- 1 cup of onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of green pepper (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 5 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a bowl mix all ingredients and pour into the Crock Pot Slow Cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over white rice.
Sprinkle the black beans and rice with scallions or chopped onion. Delicious!