Beef Brisket and Noodles
This recipe combines beef brisket with a simple and delicious blend of butternut squash, onions, and spices to perfection. Served over egg noodles.
- 3 lbs. Beef Brisket (not corned)
- 1 medium Butternut Squash (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 meduim onion (sliced)
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups of Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup of tapioca
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut brisket into four long pieces.
- Place vegetables and other ingredients on top of the brisket.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove brisket, trim fat and shred using a couple of forks.
- Pour the tapioca in and stir to thicken the stew and then add meat.
- Cook noodles according to directions.
- While noodles are cooking cook stew on high for another 15 minutes.
- Serve brisket over noodles.
Serve with toasted bread and a fresh salad. Delicious!